Detailed Course in Homeopathy
I.A.C.H.: Homeopathy Course & Curriculum
This is a homeopathy course where the earnest
student really learns the proper application
of classical homeopathy.
The homeopathic training includes the following subjects :
- History of homeopathy and its place in our modern world.
- Life of Hahnemann.
- Introduction to the Organon - Commentary and explanation of the main paragraphs of the Organon.
- Comments on the New Model written by George Vithoulkas. All paragraphs will be explained.
- Comments on the different chapters of the"Science of Homeopathy" - a homeopathic textbook by George Vithoulkas.
- Understanding the human being in its structure and totality.
- Discussion on all different aspects of practical application of homeopathy on live cases and their follow ups for three to four years.
Understanding the human organism in its totality
- The organism as a holistic entity, with an energic structure.
- The structure of the organism in its three levels of functioning.
- The mental-spiritual
- The emotional-psychic
- The physical level
- The practical need for having such an understanding
- Hierarchy Interconnections- between mental, emotional and physical bodies. Dynamics of the interaction.
This is one of the most important aspects of the teaching.
Definition of health and the measure of health
- State of Health: harmonious function of all 3 levels
- Sense of freedom
Evaluation of strength or weakness of a constitution according to the twelve levels.
- This is one of the most recent developments in classical homeopathy where new information is given in order to clarify old problems.
- The student of the course has the possibility to learn to evaluate the degree of health in a completely different way than previously taught.
Understanding the laws of cure
- The law of similars and its implications. Other applications of the law.
- The dynamics of the disease.
- Dynamic action on vital force of medicines and disease
- The meaning of symptoms
- Comparative value of symptoms
- The energic nature of disease
- The suppressions of symptoms - diseases and how they occur.
- The adaptation syndrome-shift syndrome.
The Homeopathic Remedies
- What they are, how they are prepared.
- Pharmacological origin of mother tinctures and preparation of potencies.
- The creation of the homeopathic remedies - provings of homeopathic remedies
- The preparation for a proving
- Primary and secondary action of drugs.
- The making of a complete homeopathic Pharmacopoeia: the so called Materia Medica
- Preparation of homeopathic drugs - potentisation and trituration, possible errors
- The potentisation - its implications and measurements.
- Potentisation Modern research Arndt-Schultz Law
- The correct preparation of homeopathic medicine and the care for their maintenance in the homeopathic pharmacy.
- Mental, educational and spiritual preparation of the homeopathic doctor in order to take a homeopathic case properly.
- Techniques for homeopathic case taking and evaluation of the information
- The need and the importance of the underlining of symptoms.
- Practical application by live exercises.
- Critique of the homeopathic case taking of other teachers by the students of the course.
- The psychological aspect of both the patient and the doctor in the case taking process.
Questioning the patient:
- Letting the patient talk
- Leading questions
- Following up answers and double-checking
- The different aspects of Taking an Acute or a Chronic case
- The importance of observation: Manner, posture, expressions, personality, physiognomy
- Pathological vs. functional symptoms - their prognostic value
The meaning of "taking the case of a patient"
- The objective.
- The structure of the case taking - the sources of information - Organon
- The optimum conditions for a successful homeopathic prescription
- Constitutional prescription Acute (specific) prescribing
- Tissue and organ system prescribing
- Strategies for tackling a case
- Strategies for clearing a confused case
- Rules for choosing the potency and the dose - repetition
Live cases in long-term homeopathic treatment
- LIVE CASES will be presented with long follow-ups so the student of the course will get a very good idea of the curative possibilities of homeopathy.
The First Homeopathic Prescription
- Evaluation of peculiarity and intensity
- Record keeping
- Kent's description,
- Importance of Underlining
- Recording of prescription, future ideas, diagnosis, prognosis, medical, family, drug and treatment history
- Homeopathic prognosis after the first prescription
- Repetition of dose - importance of waiting
- Choosing the correct potency for every case.
- Evaluation of the first prescription, all the possible implications.
- The Homeopathic Aggravation - in time - in intensity - in length
- Antidoting homeopathic remedies, adverse reactions.
Follow-up of the case
Second Homeopathic prescription
- All the rules pertaining to the second prescription.
- Prescribing on a superficial or on a deeper level, the meaning and the need of such prescriptions.
- When such prescriptions are right or when they are wrong.
- The dynamics within the family after a correct homeopathic prescription
Obstacles in the homeopathic prescribing.
- Complicated cases after allopathic prescribing
- Complicated cases after wrong homeopathic prescribing.
Analysis of homeopathic cases
- According to essence - totality - keynotes and causative factors.
Predisposition and the theory of the miasms
- Genetic predispositions and the HLA system
- Susceptibilities - miasms
- Importance of miasms
- Origin of miasms
- Description of miasms
Acute diseases and their management.
- The management and the evaluation of acute diseases during treatment of chronic conditions. The rules for prescribing in such cases.
- Acute prescribing.
Management of Chronic cases
- Management of mental cases under allopathic drugs.
- Management of severe pathology cases under heavy allopathic drugs, chemotherapy, cortisone, etc.
- Obscure and Disordered Cases - how to deal with them,
- "Clearing" of difficult and complicated cases
- Getting patients off drugs
- Long-term prognosis
- Evaluation and prognosis of the different chronic diseases according to homeopathy.
Scientific homeopathy vs. other homeopathic ways of application.
- Other holistic or natural techniques & how they act.
- Role of allopathic medicine and surgery
- Structure of the homeopathic repertory of Kent and Synthesis.
- Structure of other repertories.
- Other repertories explained Methods of repertorisation by hand
- Various homeopathic repertories
- Kent's Knerr's Boenninghausen, Allen, Clark, Roberts
- The computer repertories
- Kent's Repertory - additions and their relative value.
- Origin of rubrics
- Grading of remedies
- Comparison of rubrics
Different techniques and their value in prescribing.
- How to choose rubrics
- Repertorisation through computers
- Understanding the use of computers for repertorisation, methods of repertorisation and their relative values.
- Methods for improving the information in the repertory.
Homeopathic Materia Medica
- The keynotes and the essences of 120 homeopathic remedies will be given according to the experience of G. V.
- How to study the Materia Medica
- Psychopathology as understood by homeopathy
- Direct study and memorisation vs. study through the cases in practice Comparison of similar remedies
- Comparison of remedies within particular rubrics
- Polychrests vs. lesser-proven remedies
- Pediatrics for beginners - practical hints for finding the correct remedy.
- During the treatment of cases there will always be a comparison of remedies.
- Handling of remedies, Administration of remedies, patient instructions
- Interfering substances
- Presence of friends and relatives during the consultation
- Which cases to refuse homeopathic treatment
Students of this homeopathic course should already be familiar with MEDICAL subjects
These lectures are based on the following books: